Muddyboots

Follow the fortunes of Muddyboots & Family on their East Yorkshire farm which has changed from dairy farm to luxury ice cream manufacture

Monday 28 January 2008

Ice cream, glorious ice cream

Every year at the end of January, ice cream manufacturers from the huge multinational to the small artisan producer, pack their bags and head off for the the ice cream show to end all ice cream shows, the Big One, the International Artisan Ice Cream, Patisserie & Confectionery Exhibition held in Rimini.

l must just say that we have only been once before and don't attend every year, but this year whilst Management stays put, the lads have braved the roadworks on the A1, scrabbled for seats on the Ryanair flight to Forli all in the name of ice cream!

The Italians, as well as designing wonderful shoes & handbags, are also thought to be the world leaders in ice cream. Every street has its own gelato selling a mouth watering array of brightly coloured*** & wonderfully decorated ices & sorbets. So then it's hardly surprising that the main exhibition for all thinks ice creamy is held in Italy.

All the main flavour suppliers will be there as will be stands displaying nothing but glassware, for ice cream sundaes, fixtures and fitting, to make your ice cream parlour look the bes knees, cones, machinery, packaging. Everything you can think of do do with ice cream will be there!

Ice cream recipes are very interesting, you can make a batch using nothing more than water or milk. a 'ready mix' powder and loads of added air. Here we use gallons of fresh milk, double cream, very little added air [our ice cream feels heavy compared to cheaper ice cream] & definitely do not use anything artificial, we prefer to use locally grown fruits wherever possible but failing that we do buy in flavours, things like chocolate & amerana cherry for example.

So l am looking forward to hearing all about the Ice Cream Trip on the Boys return and l really hope that the range of natural flavours has been increased!
The Italians do like to add plenty of E120 & E110!***

12 comments:

Cait O'Connor said...

Is there any other flavour than chocolate?
Seriously though your ice cream sounds wonderful, free from nasty additives.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Did they take samples? How on earth do all the international exhibitors get their samples over to Italy I wonder!

Its good to know you are E number free and full of natural ingredients!

Anonymous said...

I could almost taste that icecream! Any chance of sending samples to the Purple Cooers??!!

Crystal xx

Frances said...

Oh my, I think that you have given me a glimpse of heaven!

I rarely eat ice creams during winter, but all of a sudden, I sort of want to search out a gelato. I do know of several good sources hereabouts, but really ... know that they are poor imitations of the real local version.

xo

Maggie Christie said...

Drool! Drool! DROOL! I am a complete ice cream addict and an ice cream exhibition sounds my idea of heaven. I love the Mr Moos website, by the way, and if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods you'll find me in the ice cream parlour eating it in obscene quantity!

laurie said...

the best ice cream i ever had was in russia. but i think i'd rather go to italy!

those pictures are gorgeous and delectable. you have a wonderful time!

mountainear said...

What heroes - struggling to Italy in search of ice cream!

Grouse said...

Oh for a few days in Italy.....lucky boys.......

abcd said...

Your ice cream sounds absolutely delicious, I hope I get the chance to try it one day!

. said...

Oh my God, what a heavenly place to go! I would come out so ill after trying every single variety!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Wow hard to think of ice cream this time of year - especially as I have a hole in one of my teeth. I hope the trip is a good one . . .shame you couldn't go with them - a quick trip to Italy . . . .still be your turn next year.

tim relf said...

That sounds like it's worth a visit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails